We are constantly looking for ways to improve our communication with you and keep everyone up-to-date and well informed.
From January 2018 we are implementing School Gateway, an electronic school communication system, across all three Seaton Valley Federation schools. This will enable you to receive all your information from school quickly and reliably.
We can send letters by email to your inbox and short messages directly to your mobile phone and, if necessary, you can reply the same way too! If you have an Apple or Android mobile phone this will be via a free app, otherwise this will be via text message. You will also be able to make payments via Instant Bank Transfer, through the app or online, as well as top-up and view lunch account balances.
- Receive letters more reliably and promptly
- See letters in your inbox like any other email
- Get a short text or app message if we need to contact you urgently
- Still get paper letters if you don’t have email
- See your child’s timetable for the current week
- Not need to rely on your child for delivery
- Be able to reply by email or text
- Send us any reasons for absence via app, text or email
- Top-up your son/daughter’s lunch account quickly and easily, as well as monitor their spending
- Send more letters and information regarding your child/ren
- Save money on admin time, printing and paper
- Contact you urgently when necessary
The school will use the email address and mobile number that we hold for the Priority one contact(s) in our database. If you change your contact details please let the school know as soon as possible.
We have written to all parents/carers recently informing you about School Gateway and requesting confirmation of your contact details. Please return the School Gateway datasheet by Friday 17 November 2017.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.